Terms and Conditions.
As a Permit Holder, I agree to:
1. Comply with the University’s rules and policies that exist from time to time, including the Traffic and Parking Policy 2012. The University’s rules and policies are listed on the University’s Policy Register at: http://sydney.edu.au/policies/. The University may amend these rules and policies from time to time, and you must consult the University’s Policy Register for the most up-to-date information. To the extent that there is any inconsistency with the terms of this agreement, and the rules and policies of the University, the rules and policies prevail.
2. The Traffic and Parking Policy 2012 and any associated procedures (as may be replaced and amended from time to time) makes clear that I must:
a) obey all governing laws, traffic signs, road markings and instructions from the University when driving on University grounds;
b) park my vehicle within marked bays, not utilise more than one parking bay and abide by all signage and instructions displayed in relation to the bay;
c) park free of charge in designated disability parking bays or any numbered bay only if displaying a valid RMS Mobility Parking Permit; and
d) apply to the University for special consideration for temporary accessible parking if required.
3. Abide by any restrictions or requirements of the parking permit, including:
a) operative dates for pre-purchased permits; and/or
b) time and location restrictions applicable to the permit.
4. Register the vehicle’s registration plate on the vPermit system and, if more than one vehicle is registered, ensure that the vehicle in use is marked as the active vehicle in the vPermit system as only one vehicle is permitted to park under a permit at any given time, prior to parking on University grounds.
5. Provide any additional information or documentation requested by the University to support an application for a parking permit.
6. Cancel a parking permit which I no longer require (if, for example, I am no longer a staff member or student of the University) via the online vPermit system.
As a Permit Holder, I acknowledge and agree that:
7. The issue of a permit or casual parking ticket does not guarantee the availability of parking, or entitle me to park in any particular bay or position.
8. I will make the required payment in consideration of the provision of a permit until the nominated or varied expiry date.
9. The parking permit is not valid until all requirements are met for the parking permit including payment and authorisation.
10. The University may elect at its sole discretion to:
a) vary the use of parking bays;
b) reduce the issued length of the permit;
c) modify the category of permit; or
d) cancel the permit,
before the nominated expiry date with at least one months’ notice of the change or cancelation, where the University is undertaking construction or other changes are occurring that results in parking spaces no longer being made available. Before the University changes or cancels the permit, it will reasonably take into consideration any special grounds that a staff member may apply or already have had in place.
11. On receipt of a notice of change or cancelation, I may elect to cancel the permit via the online vPermit system.
12. Any refund due on cancellation will be calculated on a daily pro rata basis, and/or my salary deductions will stop.
13. A cancelled parking permit may take ten working days to be processed.
14. The University will garnish an administrative fee from the amount to be refunded for a cancelled parking permit.
15. The permit is non-transferable and can only be used by me.
16. Parking or driving any mode of vehicle across footpaths, grassed areas or landscaped areas is prohibited unless authorised by the University.
17. The University may revoke a parking permit if:
a) the permit was obtained as a result of the provision of false or misleading information;
b) there has been a significant breach of parking rules, policies and/or associated procedures;
c) the staff member is no longer employed by the University; or
d) the student is no longer studying at the University.
e) I cease to be affiliated or associated with the University in the capacity which entitled the parking permit.
18. Any revocation of a parking permit by the University will void a claim for a refund and, in such cases, any money paid for the parking permit is non-refundable.
19. A parking permit does not create or confer any right, estate or interest whatsoever in any part of University property.
20. An infringement notice may be issued in respect of any vehicle which is:
a) not registered or marked as active for a current University parking permit;
b) parked in contravention of the conditions of the parking permit;
c) parked in contravention of signage or instruction from the University; and/or
d) parked in contravention of the Traffic and Parking Policy 2012 and any associated procedures (as may be replaced and amended from time to time).
21. To the extent permitted by law, the University does not accept liability for any loss, damage, expense, and/or costs to me, howsoever arising from or in connection with goods or articles left unattended in my vehicle in a parking bay.
22. If, under applicable State, Territory or Commonwealth law, I am a ‘consumer’:
a) certain warranties or conditions may be implied in this agreement; or
b) certain guarantees and certain rights may be conferred on me,
which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
23. Subject to clause 22, the University excludes all implied terms, representations and warranties whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
24. Subject to clause 22, the University’s total liability to me for loss or damage of any kind, however caused, due to the University’s negligence, breach of contract, breach of any law, in equity, under indemnities or otherwise, arising from or in any way related to this agreement is limited to the amount equivalent to the annual cost of the permit.
25. Subject to clause 22, the University is not liable for consequential or incidental damages in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) arising from or in any way related to this agreement
26. I indemnify the University, its employees, servants or agents against all losses, expenses, damage and costs, directly or indirectly sustained or incurred as a result of, or in connection with:
a) any negligent act or omission by me arising out of this agreement; and
b) any breach of this agreement by me,
except to the extent that any negligent or willful act or omission of the University contributed to the relevant liability.
27. This agreement is in effect twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
28. This agreement is governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia.
I confirm I have read, understood and accept the Terms and Conditions listed above.